The Art of Taking It Easy by Dr. Brian King
In The Art of Taking It Easy, you’ll discover:
- How the value of prioritizing (when things aren’t as important as they seem) is a huge force in overcoming stress and anxiety.
- What stress is, where it comes from, and how it disrupts our bodies and brains.
- How stress directly provokes ailments such as anxiety disorders, depression, hypertension, obesity, substance abuse, addiction, and more.
- The healing power of coping with stress through effective chemical and cost-free practices, like focusing on three things that make you happy on a daily basis.
- How to overcome stress by rewiring our brains to embrace positive thinking—strategically.
- Why laughter may truly be the best medicine—yes, chuckling reduces stress hormones and triggers endorphins—and more.
About the Author:
DR. BRIAN KING trained as a neuroscientist and psychologist and for the past decade has traveled the world as a comedian and public speaker. By day he conducts seminars, attended by thousands of people each year around the US and internationally, on positive psychology, the health benefits of humor, and stress management. By night he practices what he teaches in comedy clubs, and is the founder and producer of the highly reviewed Wharf Room comedy show in San Francisco. Dr. Brian holds a bachelor’s degree from the University of Texas, a master’s degree from the University of New Orleans, and a PhD in neuroscience from Bowling Green State University. Hailing from New York and living in dozens of cities throughout the US as the child of a military family, today spends his life on the road with his partner, Sarah, and their young daughter.