Barron’s updated and expanded Dictionary of Medical Terms is an A-Z reference that defines medical terms in a way everyone can understand. Although written primarily as a home reference guide, it’s also useful for medical instructors, student nurses, and others in the healthcare professions.
Thousands of terms and definitions cover:
- Descriptions of diseases and their symptoms
- Healthcare policy and law
- First-aid procedures
- Human anatomy and body parts
- Medications and their applications
- Instructive tables covering important elements, vitamins, trade and generic names of commonly prescribed drugs, and much more
Many terms are supplemented with instructive line illustrations, and extensive cross-references help guide you through the book.