Exofrontiers: Big Questions in Exoplanetary Science (Hardcover)
This book is a compendium of key scientific questions, challenges, and opportunities across different areas of exoplanetary science. The field is currently experiencing rapid growth, and the book provides a front-row view of the advancements at the cutting-edge of the field. Each chapter contains a short exposition on the most important open questions, challenges, and opportunities in a specific area from the perspective of one or more top experts in the area. It provides a starting point for researchers, experts and non-experts alike, to obtain a quick overview of the forefront of exoplanetary science and a vision for the future of the field. Topics range from observational developments and techniques, including exoplanet detection and characterisation methods and state-of-the-art and future missions, to exoplanet theory and modelling including planet formation, planetary interiors, atmospheres, habitability and the search for life.
- Provides a close-up view of the frontiers of exoplanetary science research
- Summarises key questions, challenges, and opportunities across different areas of the field
- Written by leading experts in the field
- Provides a valuable reference for early career researchers
- Topics span from state-of-the-art and emerging areas to long-term future directions